Must We Love All Aspects of Starting A Business?
No. How can we love all aspects? We all have different skill sets and talents and it’s ok.
I tend to want to do my favorites all the time:
- Networking with Entrepreneurs!
- Attending Conferences/Workshops (Start Up Princess ones, especially!)
- Writing blog posts, commenting on blogs, reading blogs
- Reading business books
- Product Development
- Writing emails
- Calling and meeting with my mentors/coach/Fairy Godmothers!
- Speaking/Teaching other entrepreneurs
- Buying merchandise
- Interacting with customers!
I certainly don’t love the following:
- Doing the finances/Quickbooks
- Late nights/early mornings
- Admitting that I have a lot to learn!
Todays’ Magic Wand: So, what do I do to make myself sit down and do my least favorites?? I reward myself! I just completed 1 1/2 hours of finance work, so I allowed myself to do a favorite: blog. Hence this little post. I feel better now that I’ve confronted my list of favorites and least favorites. I have been avoiding my finances for a few days…now I’m happy I finished that aspect. I know I will come to LOVE the finances someday when all the checks keep rolling in. 😉
What do you do to motivate yourself to do the “least favorites” of your start up business?